Chandeliers form the decorative pinnacle of lighting. Even when switched off, a chandelier with its crystal shine remains any room’s focal point drawing attention to itself.
THE CHANDELIER - A MAJESTIC PIECE OF JEWELLERY FOR EVERY ROOM
REPRESENTATIVE OF PAST ERAS
THE RIGHT AMBIENCE
HOW TO FIND THE RIGHT CHANDELIER
GUIDE TO CHOOSING THE RIGHT CHANDELIER
CHOOSE A CHANDELIER BY STYLE
- The "Maria Theresa" collection is a faithful replica of the so-called baroque "Maria Theresa chandelier" of the 18th century.
- The "Empire Crystal" collection, which follows the classic form of the basket chandelier, conveys French courtly splendour.
- The "Katharina" series is reminiscent of the splendour of the eponymous ruler and exudes imperial prestige and courtly elegance.
- Harmony: You can achieve a harmonious effect by choosing a chandelier that perfectly matches your interior style. So choose a modern chandelier for a modern interior or a traditional chandelier for a traditional interior. If you prefer a combination of different styles, the chandelier can also be such a fusion.
- Contrast: You can also create a great effect by choosing a traditional chandelier for an ultra-modern ambience and vice versa.
FIND THE RIGHT SIZE
- If the chandelier is positioned above the dining table, it should be positioned at a distance of around 80 - 100 centimetres from the edge of the table. This distance should not be undercut, as otherwise the chandelier will create a barrier between you and your family members or guests.
- When positioned as a free-hanging chandelier, a distance of at least 2 metres should be maintained from the lowest point of the light fixture to the floor to avoid bumping your head.
- As stairwells are often higher, a distance of at least 2.30 metres from the floor should be planned for installation there.
- A distance of 75 to 90 cm is a guideline for suspension above a cosy wing chair in the reading corner or above the bedside table in the bedroom.
RECOGNISING AND TAKING INTO ACCOUNT LIGHT REQUIREMENTS
- Chandeliers can have different numbers of arms or flames. The more flames, the brighter your interior will shine.
- Chandeliers with fabric or glass lampshades diffuse the light gently, but emit less light into the room. The darker the lampshade, the more light is absorbed.
- The same applies to the room colour. The darker the wall colour, the more light is absorbed.
- Matt and textured surfaces of dark wood furniture can absorb just as much light.
- Smooth white surfaces reflect the light and thus create a great deal of brightness.
- If the room is roughly square, a chandelier is usually sufficient. However, if the room is long and narrow, several smaller chandeliers can be used to provide sufficient light and create a harmonious transition.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT COLOUR
IT'S SO EASY TO ORDER FROM ORION - STEP BY STEP
- To find the right chandelier, either select INSIDE LIGHTING on the left and then "Chandeliers & Chandeliers" or use the filter function to find the right light source. To do this, select the subcategory "Chandeliers & chandeliers" in the PRODUCT TYPE filter. You can then refine your search by filtering by price and/or material, for example.
- All available items will now be displayed.
- If you like one of our products, click on the preview image and you will be redirected to the product page where you can read a detailed description of the item.
- Now all you have to do is add your selection to the shopping basket.
- Your light and the associated light sources such as LEDs or candles will be displayed in the shopping basket.
- Click on CONTINUE TO CHECKOUT to proceed to the payment process.
- Create a customer account there by entering your e-mail address and setting a personal password or order as a guest and follow the next steps to complete the payment process.
- Once payment has been received, your chandelier will be dispatched immediately and you will soon be able to receive it at home.